Monday, July 12, 2010
Suriname Roti
This weekend Curtis decided to try and recreate one of his favorite meals that he ate while living in the country of Suriname. He has been telling me about Suriname food since we first met but he had never made some for me until this weekend. It was delicious! He was afraid I wouldn't like it because it is quite spicy and I usually don't enjoy spicy food but it was really good. We had our neighbors over and they loved it as well. Curtis said it was the best Roti that he has made since returning from Suriname and he was so excited that he had found a recipe that tasted just like they made it in Suriname. He found the recipe online from a lady in Holland with a cool cooking blog. She had some other recipes that looked quite tasty but some of the measurements are different since she lives in Europe so I don't know if I'll be using it much. Here is the link to the website, though Curtis made a few alterations when he made it.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This looks good.
ReplyDeleteI admit that sometimes I forget that there is even a country called Suriname.
Oh yeah, and hi. Awesome you guys have a blog now.
Roti is so good! My unitmates makes it all the time and I love it!
ReplyDelete