Thursday we all went hiking before the feast. My uncle knew about some old Native American ruins and we hiked out to see them. They were really neat to see. It's amazing that they are still standing. Thursday night my aunt decided that she couldn't miss out on her tradition of black Friday shopping and for the first time in my life I was convinced to go along on a black Friday shopping trip. It was a little bit insane but kind of fun at the same time. Payson is a really small town up in the mountains away from everything. The whole town seemed to show up to Walmart that night for the 10pm sale.
Saturday night my cousin and my brother really wanted to play fugitive and we all decided it sounded like fun. For those of you who have never played, it is a little like hide and seek but with cars and a big geographical area involved. The runners or "fugitives" are dropped off by the drivers or "seekers" at one spot and given a couple minute head start. They have a specified amount of time to make it from point A to point B without getting spotted by the drivers. My aunt and mom drove one car and my uncle and dad drove in another. We were dropped off at one park and had to make it to another park about a mile away in one hour without getting caught. It was a lot more intense then I thought it would be and I ended falling down several ditches head first while trying to hide when someone would see headlights and yell "car". Payson is a country town with a lot of forest areas, even in the subdivisions, so there were a lot of places to hide. When I got home I was covered in thorns and thistles. I still have bruises and scratches all over my knees and it's been almost 2 weeks. We had a ton of fun, even though most of us got caught right at the end by my aunt who jumped out of her car and chased us down. Thanks Aunt Lori and Uncle Barry for the fabulous Thanksgiving weekend!
We were sad that we didn't get to see Curtis' family for Thanksgiving but grateful that we live so close to them.

Curtis, me, my dad, Natalia, Rhys, Colin and his fiance Amanda. The sun was not in the right place when we came out but at least we all got a picture together.

Cute, happy people that I love!
Aw i love this! I didn't know they were getting sealed though! that is so great! :) Thanks for posting this aubrey!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a special holiday!
ReplyDeleteI have not played fugitive since I was in high school! I loved it. It was so fun to read your adventure and reminisce.