Sunday, February 13, 2011

A celebration, Vegas, and a little bit of history

On Thursday February 3rd I logged on to facebook and saw that a friend of mine from school had passed her comprehensive exam. My heart stopped. I quickly went to my email to see if I had heard anything and my mailbox was empty. After about 45 minutes of checking my inbox incessantly I decided to text the other girls from school and see what they had heard. Three of them had heard back and the rest didn't know yet either. At about 10 that night I decided I probably wasn't going to hear until the next day which was very stressful. Curtis said that if I called him at lunch that morning he would check my email and let me know if I had heard anything. I had a knot in my stomach all morning! At lunch I turned my cellphone on and I got two texts from Curtis saying congratulations, I had passed!!! HOORAY!!! I have been so worried about this test because you have three tries to pass and if you don't pass you don't graduate. I was even more nervous because only one person out of ten passed on their first try last year. It was such a relief to know that I didn't have to study for a retake! My dad sent some money to our bank account and Curtis and I went to Olive Garden to celebrate! Thanks dad!

The next day we headed down to Las Vegas to spend Saturday and Sunday with Curtis' uncle Craig and Aunt Jen. They took us out to dinner that night and we went and saw the movie True Grit. Sunday morning we hung out with Curtis' cousins, who are a lot younger than him. We had fun riding scooters, playing basketball, and jumping on the trampoline. After church, we came home and watched the first half of the Super Bowl with them and with Curtis' mom's cousins and their kids and grandkids at Craig and Jen's house. It was so much fun to see everyone and get away for the weekend! Thanks Craig and Jen!

This week, on Wednesday, my supervisors kids were sick and so I got the day off from my internship. Curtis and I decided to go out and see some of the sights around St. George that we've been wanting to visit. We went to the Jacob Hamblin home here in Santa Clara and took a tour there. Then we picked up some food and had a picnic in the town square which was fun. The tabernacle is right there in the town square so we walked over to see if it was open and they were giving tours so we took a tour of that as well which was fun. We were going to take a tour of Brigham Young's home too but when we drove by there was a tour bus full of people going in so we decided to go back another day. It was wonderful to be able to spend some time with Curtis and go out and see some of St. George.














The Jacob Hamblin home. They have older couple missionaries working at the historic sites around St. George and they give tours and tell you about the history of the Mormon Pioneers in this area.

4 comments:

  1. So excited for you about your test! Wahoo that parts over 1 done now how many more to go? Love you guys see you in 19 days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos on the tests. Thanks for keeping us up to date on what's going on with you guys. Btw, that is a pretty cool door on the post below.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! I still have several more steps to go until graduation but that was the biggest hurdle. Hopefully. It is fabulous door, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete