Thursday, June 2, 2011

Graduation!

On Friday, May 6th, the day that Curtis and I thought would never ever come finally arrived! Graduation! Our families all headed up to Logan to help us celebrate. The last two years I've had a love-hate relationship with school. I love learning and I love doing speech therapy but to say that the program was "intense" would be an understatement. My first year I put in about 70 hours of work a week towards school work and clinic hours. And that was just on normal weeks, finals and midterm weeks were even worse. It was tiring! But it was so worth it! And now that it is over (and I miraculously survived), I can look back at it with some fondness. While I wont miss the never ending deadlines, the late nights, the tears, and many other painful experiences, I will miss all of the close friendships that I made, the fun times that we had together, and the learning experiences that have made me realize (more then once) that I can do much harder things than I sometimes think I can. There is no way that I ever could have survived if it weren't for Curtis. Even though he was also in grad school, he was the one that kept my life running. We never would have had dinner, or clean clothes, or sanity if it weren't for Curtis. I love him!


The fabulous group that I spent the last two years with. There were 14 of us but one of the girls couldn't make it to graduation because she was doing the Iron Man triathalon in St. George.


Curtis and I's parents came up for graduation as well as two of my brothers and my Aunt Sheri:



6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Aubrey! That is so amazing! I am so proud of you. You really can do hard things. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. exciting!!! let me know when you will be the next 3 years of your life!
    life is always changing. :0)
    miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, you pick the picture that I look like I'm about to kill someone to post... :) Congratulations!! We did it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally deserve all of the happy rewards you're reaping! Congrats on graduation and finding a job!! Love the first grad picture of you and Curtis! You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! You are all so sweet. And Tanja, sorry about the picture. I didn't get a good picture of everyone, I think I'm going to have to steal a better looking one from one of the ones everyone posted on facebook.

    ReplyDelete